The first thing that you need to understand about dogs is that they are carnivores and were domesticated by humans thousands of years ago. However, dogs have evolved since then and look very much different from their ancestors which are wild dogs and wolves. But the point is that even if dogs have evolved their genetic material remains the same as that of wolves and wild dogs. This basically means that even the digestive system of the dogs have not changed much. Dogs that we have as our pets are known to have a digestive system of that of a carnivore including their teeth, bowels, stomach and the specific enzymes that helps in the digestion of animal meat. Just like any other carnivore animal even dogs need nutrition that is rich in protein and a little number of carbohydrates. Dogs need the same kind of food and nutrition as their wild relatives. In this particular article, we are going to look into the raw diet for French bulldog feeding. Read about French Bulldog feeding guide.
French Bulldog Raw Diet
Most of the dog owners rely on dog food that is available in the market. But the thing with dog food is that it is known to have a lot of chemicals and other additives that can be harmful to French bulldog feeding. There are several types of dog food available in the market but most of them are known to contain harmful additives and preservatives. Therefore, it is important for the dog owners to follow a particular kind of diet that can be helpful for their bulldogs. It is advised that one should feed their dogs homemade food in order to keep their digestive system healthy and running. For a carnivore like a dog raw diet is considered to be the best since it is the most easily digestible food for them. But before, you prepare a raw diet for your bulldog it is important that you take your dog’s energy level into consideration as well. Check out best raw recipes for French bulldog here.
- Like for instance, you should feed puppies at least six times in a day in the amount up to 10% of their total body weight but as far as grown up dogs are concerned you should feed them six times in a day in the amount of 3% of their total body weight.
- In a raw diet, meat should fill up 75% of the dog’s diet. Carnivores like dogs don’t need much of vegetables, therefore; it is completely fine if, you do not add many vegetables in your dog’s diet. Even the digestive system of dogs can’t digest vegetables easily. If you are to feed your dog with vegetables the one thing that you need to keep in your mind is that you mushed or cut them into pieces.
- For French bulldogs, ground meat or whole pray forms the best diet. Meat should also consist of bones since they are very important for the dogs to chew. It is known to strengthen the gum and the teeth of your dog. Therefore, one needs to make sure to provide as many bones as they can in their dog’s diet. Adding bones to your dog’s diet also keeps them busy for hours and it is also known to satisfy them. This will also prevent them from chewing on other stuff in your house like furniture. But be careful of bones shape and size. So that Frenchie don’t get choke or harms digestive tract.
- It is also recommended that you feed your dog with a variety of meat. The different types of meat that one can feed their dogs are rabbit meat, chicken, beef, quail, pork, fish, lamb, and If needed one can also add few supplements with the main meal of their dogs.
- There are various benefits that one can get by feeding their dog a raw diet. For example, it is known to help them live longer and keep them safe from diseases and also help make their immune system stronger.
- If your bulldog is pregnant then it’s better to feed it raw meat because it has a lot of benefits as already mentioned above.
- Make sure your Frenchie eats slow. Fast eating leads to farts, overweight and other stomach problems.
From the above discussion, it is clear that feeding your French bulldog with raw meat is the best thing that you can do.