French bulldogs are the perfect companion if you are looking for a nice furry little friend. Frenchies have their little features that makes them so irresistible to their owners. They are usually short, stout with a thick bone structure; these fellows are usually very friendly and easy to get along with. This feature makes them the perfect pet. More facts about frenchies here. If you don’t already have one back home you should definitely get one.
These furry little friends are truly our best friends. There are so many health benefits to having a French bulldog that they are almost a little too overwhelming.
10 health benefits of having a French bulldog or just having a dog in general
- Exercise – Most of these dogs that we keep in our homes are extremely friendly and love being active all the time. These jumpy little creatures are great exercise buddies. Just go on a walk with your dog and see for yourself what I am talking about. Let them run to their heart’s content and you might just have a really hard time catching up to them. While playing with your dog it won’t feel like you are exercising and you will also get in shape without spending a ton of money on expensive gyms.
- Emotional companion – These bulldogs might not be able to speak to you but they have healing powers that can top any therapist at any time. These little bundles of joy are the perfect emotional support in times when you are feeling unloved and unwanted. They will make you feel super special and important and you will gain back your confidence. There are cases of depression and social anxiety where these dogs are registered as official companions by the law to make sure that the owners are always happy and are in a cheerful mood.
- Live longer– These Frenchies can actually make you live longer lives. Being extremely efficient emotional companions they offer the perfect emotional and mental support to their owners. In a survey, it was shown that people with dogs lead happier lives and thus are less prone to all kinds of heart diseases. Dogs decrease the blood pressure, triglycerides and cholesterol levels making you a healthy human being. A survey has also shown that people who have a heart attack and don’t have dogs are more likely to die quicker than dog owners.
- Boosts immunity – When you first buy a dog you need some time to get accustomed to it. The same stands true for a dog; you cannot buy a dog and expect it to be extremely friendly and comfortable with you and your family right away. There is a learning curve involved in the process for both the owner and the pet. Dogs are usually the messiest members of a family and they will often knock off things, leaving their fur everywhere. You might think that leaving its fur everywhere is annoying because let’s be honest it is no party cleaning the fur up, but you will be surprised to know those furs actually build up your immune system against allergies and asthma.
- Feeling calmer – These dogs are definitely not calm creatures when it comes to them being mischievous and knocking off your expensive wine glass. But they have an extremely sensitive sense and can predict negativity. Owning a French bulldog will calm your nerves and soothe your anxiety. In a study, it was shown that Alzheimer’s patients who owned dogs have way less anxiety outburst than patients who don’t own them. A dog brings out the good in us and induces us in becoming a better person.
- Communication starter – These bulldogs are great communication starters. When you own a dog random strangers will find your dog cute and will start a conversation with you about the breed of the dog or its age or how long it has been with you. You can take advantage of the conversation and make some new friends with the help of your dog. Your new friend will be so mesmerized with your dog that he or she will want to keep in touch with you.
- Provides safety and peace of mind – Dogs are extremely careful and cautious when it comes to their owners. These bulldogs are quite protective of the people they love and would go to great lengths in order to make sure that their owners are safe. Watchdogs are extremely helpful companions and will guard your house like their own. This feature provides peace of mind to some people and they are able to take good night’s sleep knowing that their dog is there, keeping a watch on the house.
- Keeping you happy – Owning a dog will completely make you forget all your problems and stay happy. You might not have a single friend but if you have a dog in your life you will never be alone. Dogs provide you with such a sense of companionship that even humans fail to live up to. During various studies, it was made evident that people who own dogs run lesser chances of going into depression or anxiety.
- Makes you responsible – Taking care of a dog is no easier than taking care of a baby. It will need constant care and love and protection from its owner at least for the first couple of months. These couple of months are enough to teach you a sense of responsibility. You can be the most irresponsible being on the face of the earth yet a dog will change your perspective.
- Dogs love children – It is a known fact that dogs will love children. If you have a child in your home, they will love it more than it loves you; they will literally be their bodyguards!
Thus, these dogs will help you in a number of ways. This will begin with your morning fitness sessions. And at the end of a long, tiring day at work your French bulldog will make you laugh with their funny facial expressions and their natural clumsiness!
Thank you for reading ourfrenchie.com posts!