Sensitive stomach problems are as common in animals as in human beings. In the same way, French bulldogs also suffer from the same problems and its very common. So, pet owners need to be careful about what they feed their dogs. This can cause a lot of concern for many Frenchie owners, but it is not something to worry too much about.
In fact, there are several solutions available to treat a bulldog with a sensitive stomach. One of the most important solutions is to maintain its diet.
However, before buying foods for dogs, pet owners should be aware of what is causing stomach sensitivity in their dogs. Some dogs could be allergic to certain food ingredients. And for some dogs, stomach sensitivity can be an early sign of a severe problem. The sooner the cause is identified, the sooner a dog can be treated in the right way.
What to Look For While Buying Dog Food:
The first thing a pet owner should look for in the products is the quality and source of the nutrients and proteins used in it. There should not be any compromise in it and should be of the best quality.
While some proteins or fibers may be suitable for some dogs, other dogs may find it difficult to digest them. Thus, pet owners need to take note of their dog’s preferences while buying dog food.
Pet owners should always examine the food ingredients used in the product before buying it. Most dogs are allergic to grains like wheat, corn, and soy. Also, ingredients like eggs, sugar, dairy, and peanuts are not suitable for dogs with a sensitive stomach.
It is also essential to check if a product provides only a single type of nutrients or if it ensures a complete balanced-diet. Since a perfect balanced diet is more efficient in giving a dog all the nutrition, it requires for its overall well-being.
With all that being said, here is a list of the Six Best Dog Food for French Bulldogs with sensitive stomach:
- CANIDAE Multi-Protein Formula
- Natural Balance L.I.D.
- Purina Pro Plan Focus
- Royal Canin Low Fat
- Blue Buffalo Basics LID
- Hill’s Science Diet
This dog food is not only healthy and nutritious but also very tasty and easy to feed. This recipe is designed for all breeds of dogs irrespective of their ages and sizes.
The ingredients used in this product are of the best quality. And also it provides all the necessary proteins a dog requires for its well-being. This product does not contain any wheat, soy or corn since many French bulldogs are allergic to them.
One of the best sources of protein is meat, and also meat proteins are easier to digest for dogs. This reason makes this product even more favourable since it includes meat ingredients such as chicken, turkey, and lamb.
It contains antioxidants and probiotics. It also has omega-three and six fatty acids that are vital for every dog’s healthy lifestyle.
This tasty yet nutritious dog food is preferred by many pet owners who have two or more dogs of different breeds and ages. Since this dog food is suitable for all dogs of all ages, there is no hassle for buying different food products for every dog. Or even during a dog’s growing years, this product can be fed throughout.
- It is highly nutritious with extra added minerals and vitamins. It is also free from all common allergens.
- This dog food helps in maintaining a healthy hair-coat.
- It can be fed to dogs of all ages and breeds. Thus, it is a good choice for multi-dog families.
- This dog food need not be given in large quantities or repeatedly. A little goes a long way.
- It is easily digested by dogs and does not cause any digestion problems like runny stool, gas, vomiting, etc.
- As compared to other products, the price is fairly fixed and does justice with the benefits it provides.
- It is available in large sizes. So, that fixes the problem of buying this product multiples times in a row.
- Since this is a dry food product, it does not contain much moisture. So, there should be an ample amount of water available, and pet owners should also make sure that their dogs are well-hydrated.
- The size of the kibbles may bother some pet owners since the size is the same for puppies and adult dogs. But once the dogs get used to it, it won’t be much of a problem.
The Natural Balance LID (Limited Ingredient Diets) Dog Food is the ideal choice for those dogs that have certain allergies or sensitive stomachs. This product can be fed to all dog breeds, including French bulldogs.
Since, some dogs are likely to be allergic to grains like wheat, corn and soy. This dog food is the right pick as it is grain-free; it includes only some selected sources of carbohydrate and protein.
Also, for those dogs that are sensitive to food and experience symptoms like falling of hair, skin conditions, etc. this might just be the perfect food for them to relieve them from those problems.
This limited ingredient product also includes Venison Formula. This is rich in vitamin B and minerals such as iron. And it also adds flavor to the food. Venison is used in concentrated form, which makes it easier for dogs to digest it. Thus, it is perfect for French bulldogs with sensitive stomachs.
It contains omega-3 fatty acid derived from linseed. This keeps the coat of the dogs healthy and shiny.
Several veterinarians also recommend this product for dogs suffering from various problems like increased scratching, skin disorders, sensitive stomachs, allergies etc.
- This dog food contains the best quality of nutrition which helps in the all-round well-being of dogs.
- It contains a single source of animal protein; Venison formula. This provides necessary amino acids which help in maintaining strong muscle.
- It contains sweet potatoes that help in healthy digestion.
- This product does not use any artificial colouring or flavours.
- Limited Ingredient Diets do not cause excessive weight gain.
- It does not have any strong odours.
- It is easily digested and does not cause any digestion problems.
- It helps in alleviating and healing skin issues.
- For some dogs, this may not be their ideal food, mainly because of their taste preferences.
- This product is only meant for adult dogs. So, there is a need for buying different products for puppies.
- The size of this dog food might turn out unfavourable for some dogs. The kibbles measure about 2/3 inch. Some adult dogs prefer food that is bigger in size instead of kibbles.
- The price of this product is quite high as compared to other products.
This product is designed specifically to meet the requirements of adult dogs having sensitive stomachs. It also provides the dog with all the necessary nutrients that it requires for its healthy growth.
The first ingredient of this product is salmon. Salmon is known for its richness in nutrients and proteins. It also has a great taste that dogs crave. The type of fish used in this product is mostly menhaden fish meal or sardines.
This dog food contains prebiotic-fibres that support the good bacteria already living in a dog’s intestine. It further helps in better digestion in dogs with sensitive stomachs. It contains several types of Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) which are sourced from beef.
The recipe for this product includes rice and oatmeal, which are great sources of carbohydrates and also easily digestible. It also contains fish oil which is a source of omega-three and omega-six fatty acids. While omega-three fatty acids help dogs to maintain healthy joints and movements, omega-six fatty acids help them to get nourished skin and a healthy coat.
- This dog food helps to maintain intestinal balance and promote digestive health.
- It does not contain any artificial colouring or flavours. Also, it is free from common food allergens.
- This product contains antioxidants that support the immune system in dogs.
- This product is not only beneficial for dogs with sensitive stomachs but also helps in alleviating itchy skin.
- This salmon-based dog food is an ideal pick for those dogs that are allergic to meat.
- French bulldogs that have a deficiency of zinc can also opt for this product.
- As compared to the other products, this dog food falls under a reasonable price category. It is really affordable.
- Since the first ingredient of this product is salmon. This is not suitable for dogs that have an allergy to seafood.
- This product is only meant for adult dogs and cannot be fed to younger ones.
- This is not a grain-free product. However, soy, corn and wheat, which are known to cause sensitive stomachs in French bulldogs are not present in this product.
This Veterinary Diet dog food by Royal Canin is another great option for a French bulldog having sensitive digestion. This product has been specially formulated for dogs that are having difficulty in digesting fats. It is also a great choice for weight control.
It is a dry food for adult dogs regardless of their breed size. It is palatable and is easy for French bulldogs to eat when they are sick. Also, it is easily digestible and free from peas. This product has a carefully selected ingredient which keeps the immune system of the dogs healthy. It contains proteins which are easy to digest along with probiotics that maintain a good balance of bacteria in a dog’s digestive organs.
This product also gives the dogs a healthy stool quality. The Omega-3 fatty acids, along with EPA and DHA contents of fish oil, helps to keep the pup’s gastric health in good condition.
This product has a calorie content of 3,237 kcal/kg or 240 kcal/cup. Feed the dogs as per the recommendation, which is 2-4 times a day of equal portions.
- This product has a special mixture of antioxidants which supports a healthy immune system. It keeps a dog from getting easily ill from diseases.
- This food provides a specifically formulated diet for dogs that may be having difficulties in digesting fat.
- This dog food also helps a dog with several other digestive issues, including lack of appetite, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- This product contains proteins which are easy to digest.
- It contains prebiotics that helps to maintain the proper balance of good bacteria in a dog’s digestive organs.
- It is a veterinary grade food.
- Also helps in soothing the gastrointestinal tract with the DHA and EPA along with omega-three acid contents.
- It is a low-fat diet for French bulldogs with pancreatic issues.
- It is on the expensive side at $85 for 28.6 lb bag.
- Not suitable for dogs of all ages. It is recommended only for adults.
- This product contains chicken by-product. This is not a good sign for any dog food.
- This product is not free from grain, so it’s not suitable for dogs that require a grain-free diet.
This dog food by Blue Buffalo Basics is excellent for dogs of all breeds, small or big. It is delicious and contains limited ingredients which are perfect for dogs with food sensitivities. It has no corn, soy or wheat. This product is also a great choice for weight control since it contains fewer calories which help to maintain ideal body weight. Therefore it can be fed to dogs which have been advised to shed some weight by the veterinarian.
This recipe contains only single animal meat for its source of protein which is a real turkey. It also contains a limited amount of other ingredients which are carefully selected to provide complete nutrition.
The high-quality protein found in turkey meat helps in developing and maintaining lean muscles. The other ingredients include pumpkin and carbohydrates like peas and potatoes, which are easily digestible. Peas and pumpkins promote gentle digestion for dogs.
It is also rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids which promotes the skin and coat health of dogs. Vitamin E and C can also be found in this product which helps in maintaining a healthy immune system.
This product has been crafted with a combination of carefully selected minerals, vitamins and antioxidants picked by specialized veterinarians and animal nutritionists to help the French bulldog maintain overall good health.
The overall calorie content in this product is 3,278 kcal/kg or 329 kcal/cup.
- It contains turkey meat which is not commonly found in other dog food.
- It is an all-natural dog food which means there are no unwanted food additives or artificial flavours.
- The limited ingredient of the food reduces fat content to maintain a proper weight.
- This product is free from wheat, soy, beef, corn, chicken and eggs or any other dairy products. This means that there will be no issues if the dog has any sensitivity.
- It has a blend of vitamins and minerals specifically chosen by vets and animal nutritionist.
- It maintains a healthy balance of oxidative.
- Since it has few ingredients, there is less to worry about the dog’s sensitivities.
- It is not available in larger bags.
- This product is not grain-free since it has oatmeal and brown rice in it. So, for the dogs that need completely grain-free food, it is not suitable.
This dog food by Hill’s Science Diet has been specifically formulated to provide dogs with proper nutrition for healthy growth and well being. It is also a great choice for sensitive stomach since the food was formulated for this sole purpose. It contains wholesome ingredients like chicken and barley. This product is balanced to nourish the dog’s skin and coat. Chicken contains high protein and barley is rich in fibre.
It can be fed to any breed of dogs regardless of their size as long as they are adults. It is a great choice, especially for French bulldogs that are having sensitive stomachs. This dog food is rich in Vitamin C and E.
Vitamin E is great for dogs with dry and itchy skin, while Vitamin C is good for allergies. It helps in fighting inflammation or any other allergic reaction a dog may have.
So if the dog keeps having allergic reactions or dry, itchy skin, then this product would definitely be a great pick. After feeding the dog for some time, the results would become pretty clear in its shiny, beautiful coat and skin.
The calorie content of this product is 392 kcal/cup.
- The Special blend of this product is quite gentle on the stomach and makes for balanced feeding every day.
- The Omega-6 contents also nourish the dog’s skin for a healthier and noticeable shiny coat.
- The antioxidant, along with vitamin E and C, work together very well in helping to support a good immune system.
- This product is also made with all-natural, high-quality ingredients, and there are no preservatives, artificial colours or flavours.
- It is a complete and balanced diet perfect for adult French bulldogs having sensitive stomachs.
- This product comes in larger bags of food.
- It does not contain any by-product.
- Barley, which is found in this product, can sometimes cause a lot of pet gas.
- This product is not favourable for dogs having meat allergies since it has chicken in its ingredient
- It has a bad smell which may not go well with some picky dogs.
- It is not recommended for dogs that are overweight since it does not help in losing weight.
- This product is not recommended for seasonal allergies but only for sensitive stomachs.
- This product is also not recommended for dogs that require a grain-free diet.
Any of these dog foods can be a great option for French Bulldogs with a sensitive stomach. They all have the ingredients which will provide the dogs with proper nutrients to keep them healthy and strong.
Most of these products can also help in maintaining the dogs’ weight. Just keep in mind the ingredients which are present in the food as some of the dogs may have an allergic reaction to them. For example, don’t feed a dog having meat allergies with meat-based diet food. Products like the Blue Buffalo’s dog food and Natural Balance L.I.D. food are best for dogs which have multiple food allergies as it contains limited ingredients. It avoids unnecessary food ingredients which may trigger allergies in the dogs.
Most Suitable For French Bulldogs
All these food are great for dogs of all breed. But CANIDAE’s multi-protein and Natural Balance’s food are more suitable for dogs which are still young. They are also quite affordable. The rest of the food is only suitable for adults.
Some of the food is a little on the expensive side, but they still provide the dog with great nutrients and does an amazing job for the dog’s diet. So having to pay a little more can still be worth every penny for the sake of the dog.
There are several possible problems a French bulldog can suffer from. Some health issues may be genetic, while others can be the results of certain allergies.
It is vital for pet owners to note that even if their French bulldogs may not have allergies to a particular product. It can develop an allergy over time. That is why it is important to seek medical consultations once in a while.
Before buying dog foods, it is necessary for pet owners to carefully inspect the ingredients used in the production of such foods to avoid any allergic reactions. Also, buying products that have rich sources of proteins and carbohydrates promotes the overall growth of pets.
Thank you for reading OurFrenchie.com articles.